Thursday, May 20, 2010

Flash: Paper Doll / Mr. Potato Head

Today we are going to be building "draggable" movie clips that will make a "Paper Doll" or "Mr. Potato Head" sort of thing.  The ActionScript isn't that difficult, but it is very time-consuming so I am putting up two templates that we can use to get started.
I am also attaching a paper doll that I built from the template above.  It has a lot more clothing, a background music track, a layer behind the model for accessories, a background layer, and more.  Download the source file here.  To get the model and begin the clothing, I Googled "Fashion Paper Dolls" and clicked on images.  I chose to use this image:

Also, this is another example of a more more complex "Paper Doll": [Click]

Once you have the template downloaded, either create your own model and clothing or look for good examples of paper dolls online.

Have fun!

Class Syllabus